Thread: Mono: Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: CodePage 1252 not supported

Beans

Mono: Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: CodePage 1252 not supported

Hi!

I was playing with Ubuntu + Mono + Mysql and while testing a simple program that returns the result of a simple SELECT statement into the command line, ran into an error:

Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: CodePage 1252 not supported

Upon further investigation I found a very simple solution:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libmono-i18n2.0-cil
    Since I did not find anything in these forums, I decide to sketch this post.

V.

Beans

Re: Mono: Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: CodePage 1252 not suppor

Thanks a lot for this tip. So far I had a painful experience with the mono project. Mono-server2 had a bug and it has been reported for a while but no one bothered to fix it. The bug is in the configuration of the mono server path it ends with exe extension which it is windows. I done a tutorial about it at http://safwan.speakarabi.co.uk/.

You have saved me lots of efforts. I tried everything to make the database connect but with no luck till I found this page.
    Last edited by tiger2004; August 23rd, 2008 at 11:14 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Mono: Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: CodePage 1252 not suppor

Thank you very match

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

thank you for this post!! this solved the same problem i was having.

http://n2.nabble.com/error-CS0006:-cannot-find-metadata-file-`System.Data.dll`-td839742.html

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Mono: Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: CodePage 1252 not suppor

Thanks!!! This solved my issue on Unbuntu 8.04!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The root cause of this problem is a deviation between Ubuntu and Debian - on Debian, all package managers will installs "Recommends:" by default. On Ubuntu, SOME will install Recommends by default, some will not. libmono-i18n2.0-cil is a Recommends of limono-corlib2.0-cil, so if you aren't using the right package manager, you won't get the Recommends.

This divergence is fixed in Intrepid.

Beans

Now i'm new ubuntu user, this issue help me so much.

uke- Rosario, Argentina

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Exclamation Re: Mono: Unhandled Exception: System.NotSupportedException: CodePage 1252 not suppor

Thank you vcat for your WONDERFUL thought! I've been struggling with this for a whole week but never could figure out this until I bumped into your superb post. It is indeed invaluable and I'm very thankful to you for this contribution.

@directhex, how are we (as users) supposed to know what libs go in where? After all, I use synaptic and install these things so it is supposed to work out the dependencies.

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to do this!

Cheers!
    Khalid
    In the past I built solutions looking through a Window. But now I see how big the world is.