Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feisty - Wil you upgrade right away?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Feisty - Wil you upgrade right away?

I will probably wait a couple days to install Feisty. I hear Dual-Booting Windows and Ubuntu has become much easier with the Feisty installation, so I might re-install Windows for a couple days before Feisty is released, then once the release date comes, I will download a .iso disc image and install Ubuntu.
    Last edited by Condoulo; March 26th, 2007 at 03:13 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Feisty - Wil you upgrade right away?

I think I'll stick w/ Edgy a little longer. I am new to the game since I just installed Edgy like 3 weeks ago tweaked things around how I dig it and still learning basics. And for me setting up the dual-booting of Edgy and XP Pro was pretty straight forward, and I know a lot about nothing. Maybe I was lucky... how could Feisty make it any more easier?

Beans

for sure will upgrade. I've tried the beta and am glad to have updated banshee among other things.

Beans

I will wait for a couple of weeks and then try a live CD..from there I will judge if I upgrade there and then or way a couple more weeks.

When I first tried Dapper it had bad support for AMD chips and my machines did not boot, a month latter things changed.

So I will wait for a few more bugs to be iron out before the change
    First they ignore you.Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you.Then you win.Gandhi
    Linux para las masas
    Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'll do it right away. I was thinking of trying the beta and all, but I'll just stick to the official release.
    ~Jordan Montgomery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Likely wait some time as still having printer trouble in beta version... Like it otherwise, so I won't wait long.

Update: Newbie mistake... I put the wrong IP address of my printer in the set up. Working now! Can't wait for the final release. Might be about time for a new computer to go with it!
    Last edited by la3875; March 27th, 2007 at 05:31 AM. Reason: update
    Dell Inspiron 600m 1.8GHz|ATI 9000mobile|2Gb RAM|Intel 2915ABG|dual boot Win7/UNE 10.04
    Nokia N810
    Dell Studio XPS|i7-920|6Gb RAM|Nvidia-G220|Win7|XP & Maverick in VMware player

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

right away... but released version, not beta.

Beans

I have already installed the beta on all of my PCs. I started testing with Herd 3 and have really liked what I have seen.

When I did the upgrade on my laptop though everything seemed slower for some reason. Instead of fighting with it though I reinstalled with the Beta CD and now all is good again.

If you are not already running with a separate /home partition then I highly recommend that you consider it. Check out this link for more info on why this is a good idea. http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/separatehome
    Thanks,

etank

Beans

I never liked edgy and i will move to feisty as soon as i got a little free time to personalize it like my family is used.

I think i will not even wait for final version. Sick and tired of the nth problems that constantly arise with edgy... even beta, feisty can't be worst then what i got now.

But i never upgrade, always do clean installs. I loose to much time on the past dealing with problems with updates. Nice concept but for me never worked correctly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I will wait for the official release, then install it on a spare hard drive. If I find it is worth the change, then I will make the comittment and upgrade my current Edgy install. Otherwise, I'll just stay with what I have. The only things not working under Edgy are the battery status in gnome-power-manager (but gkrellm gives proper values so I use that) and reliable suspend to ram (but suspend to disk works well and doesn't consume precious battery power).

Red

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast