Thread: [SOLVED] cant get fullscreen on torcs

arnieboy Guest

[SOLVED] cant get fullscreen on torcs

I am playing torcs with freeglut but I cant get fullscreen. I can see the window borders of freeglut. I am playing it on the same resolution as my desktop screen. Any chance/way of getting fullscreen? tried lower resolutions too but the window border continues to appear.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: cant get fullscreen on torcs

You can put it full screen "manually" by assigning a keyboard shortcut.
    Go to
    System > Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts
    then look for the section Window management > Toggle fullscreen Mode

I choose <Ctrl><F11> as <F11> was kind of conflicting with firefox.

Note: to remove a shortcut, assign the Backspace key to it, as written in the hint a the bottom of the page.

I've been looking for that information for quite a while on the forum, and it's just writting that answer that I realize it was write in front of me since the beginning...

----
    By the way, I'm looking for the key to change the view in Torcs... I'm locked with the TV camera view that makes that game unplayable...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by thomasleveil View Post
    By the way, I'm looking for the key to change the view in Torcs... I'm locked with the TV camera view that makes that game unplayable...
    keys from F2 upwards are the different camera angles. the one you will probably want while driving is F2.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by thomasleveil View Post
    Like in most software, tagging the F1 key brings up a help page; that'll help you sort out issues with the views.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: [SOLVED] cant get fullscreen on torcs

im having the same problems but the view is stuck on full track...no matter if i hit f2-f11...i can split screen but still get stuck on full track if i change it

hardy
    2.0g intel
    2.0g ram
    intel graphics
    opengl installed
    openal installed
    installed torcs from synaptic with its dependencys
    INdustrial Muscian And Songwriter/LEO
    The Revolution Will Be synthesized-MDFMK
    - funerallostindustrial@myspace -

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Question Re: [SOLVED] cant get fullscreen on torcs

Not solved, as that fix seems to toggle just the top bar in the normal program window.

My issue is when I run TORCS and set that game to fullscreen, it does not change to full screen (no difference), like it otherwise always did (before 10.04).

Nvidia 4 is working.

I also can't work around this, by switching with "CTRL ALT - ", as that no longer toggles screen resolutions.

I run 1280x960 (DRI = YES) and 640x480 in Torcs.

Why would this no longer work? It did. TORCS used to just go full screen and then back, when quit.