Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belkin N >MIMO< Wireless USB Adapter Driver

Beans

Exclamation Re: Belkin N >MIMO< Wireless USB Adapter Driver

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRoskamp View Post
    Hello linux users.

This is my first thread actually giving advice instead of asking for it

This thread is for the Belkin N (MIMO) Wireless USB Adapter. I can tell you how to easily get your belkin wireless device to work in Ubuntu! (I´m running Hardy Heron)

Without further ado, we need to get the show on the road. Make sure you have ndisgtk (part of ndiswrapper) I believe you can get it in synaptic.
    After installation, it will be Administrator>Windows Wireless Drivers. Alternatively, you can use termanal and type ¨sudo ndisgtk¨ then your password.

Insert your Belkin CD into your CD drive. The CD has the .inf file needed to use it. Open up ndisgtk and click add driver. Click on the folder icon and locate your CD drive. Go to the ¨InstallationDrivers¨ folder. Go to ¨XP2K¨ and open the ¨rt2870.inf¨ file. It will say that the hardware is not present, but don´t worry. Reboot your computer with your USB device already attached and DO NOT UNPLUG IT. At least mine doesn´t work if you unplug it.

Now whenever you start your computer, you will have wireless! Use the networkmanager in your tray to choose a network.

Hope I could help!

-GavinRoskamp Gavinstipsandtricks@gmail.com www.GavinsTipsAndTricks.co.nr

After following these exact steps, my USB Belin N Band MIMO (model 3000x) works...but for a short time.

it works for aprox. an hour, then its like the dongle freezes. the network traffic stops and i cant connect to another network. when i try to connect to another network/reconnect to the network, the light doesnt flash or anything. any ideas because im trying to make ubuntu 9.10 my primary os, so i can get rid of vista.. (i cant stand vista now i have tasted ubuntu 9.10).

thanks in advance..

Toxic

Beans

Re: Belkin N >MIMO< Wireless USB Adapter Driver

I have a Belkin N driver and just did a clean install of ubuntu 9,1 on my fathers computer. I tried to follow your direction however i was unable to locate the .inf file in the instalation disk. I tried with a different antena and instalation cd and found it and "installed" the driver (even though in the end it didnt work) but in the Belkin instalation cd there isn't an .inf driver present. what should I do? thank you for the help.

Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

For those who cannot see networks. I think i came across a solution to that, something that has to do with disabling "stuff".. google it and test it and let us know. My Belkin doesnt work at all for now but I am trying to find a solution without ndiswrapper.

Edit: I think they are talking about the "cant see networks problem" here http://art.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...1304892&page=2
    Last edited by jastonas; November 13th, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

Beans

I too couldn't find any .inf files on the CD but I did download a drivers.exe from Belkin and unzipped it into a directory. However, I get "invalid driver" from ndisgtk on every .inf file... (This is from LinuxMint 7.0).

I currently have powerline-ethernet adapters running again but they are much slower than my wireless connection (router's downstairs due to cable outlet). Any "fresh" suggestions?

-michael

PS: The USB adapter works fine from ******* XP...

Beans

How are you guys even getting network manager to see your belkins?
    I can't even get THAT far.

I'm running 9.10 Karmic, and network-manager is completely grayed out. I'm using a Belkin F5D8053 pre-n Wireless USB adapter, and after doing the whole ndiswrapper/gtk dance, I can install any of the three seperate driversets for the model (net8192u, rt2870, netr28u) and have them install no-problem, but after doing a modprobe they still remain inactive, and network-manager will not acknowledge them, even though the wireless usb device does appear under a lsusb as wlan0 (001:003 | 050d:805e).

Any clues to help me out with getting my wireless usb adapter to work with ubuntu?

(and for the record, I do have win7 on another drive and it works fine on it...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Well, here's what I'm getting with the Belkin N wireless (MIMO)adapter, and any suggestions appreciated.

I'm running a fresh wubi 9.10 install.

All the networks that normally show up on my other computer are recognized, as is my own. However, when I type in my key in the Network Authentication box, it can't connect to my wi-fi network.

After a minute or so of trying it cycles back to the "Authentication Required" box.

I ran "sudo modprob ndiswrapper". Result: command not found.

Any ideas? Seems like I'm so close!

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I did, btw, type "probe" and not "prob".

Beans

One thing you may want to check is if UTW (firewall) is activated as it can stop you from connecting to your network.If it is running then disable it initially then either restart it or try another firewall, I have Firestarter as my own firewall as it is easy to configure. Also check to see if there are any other Firewalls running and if the network card is activated. If not then activate through the GUI. Also check to make sure that your security settings, either WEP or WPA are setup properly, as otherwise you will not be able to authenticate the card with the router.These are just a few things that I have found to be problems. BTW I am currently running Karmic Koala with a Belkin router and wireless 54G PCI card.

Beans

I followed your steps and mine wireless netowork driver says invalid driver
    and though i now have a blue light coming from my adaptor im still not connected to the internet and my wireless network controls say nothing about the adaptor

Beans

hmm, I can't seem to do the sudo command, It says: command not found.

Any help? I need it fast so that I can run my website again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast