Hi all,

I a new Linux user (as a sudoer, at least). I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my HP Pavillion dv6560el, but I think my problem does not go into the "Installation" thread.
Everything works fine "out of the box" but I have a rather annoying problem with the soundcard on shutdown (or reboot).
Basically, a rather loud and weird "pop" sound comes out of my speakers at power off (even if the audio is muted or headphones are plugged in), like when you suddenly remove battery and unplug power cord. This looks all but healthy for my speakers.
Strange enough, if I hibernate this does not happen: I see my audio control led turning amber (this is not happening on shutdown), and the laptop powering off smoothly.
How can I achieve the same behavior also on shutdown? I looked around a little bit but probably I am missing the right keywords.
Could somebody enlighten me? So far the best I could do was to cd into each /etc/rc?.d/ ...

BTW, my soundcard info are:
*-multimedia
description: Audio device
product: 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 1b
bus info: pci@0000:00:1b.0
version: 03
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=HDA Intel latency=0 module=snd_hda_intel

In the meanwhile I avoid shutting down and I just hibernate, but sometimes it is necessary to reboot...

Cheers